Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A sabbatical year??

This week I will talk about my idea of a sabbatical year. And I’m thinking of my personal projects and what to do in one occasion like that. The idea of a “Sabbatical year” is very tempting because I’ve never had a gap year. It is very common for some people to take a gap year, especially when they finish their secondary school, they finish their university or when they work.



Definitely, I’ve been thinking of taking a sabbatical year, but not yet maybe in the future, this year I’ll finish the University (specifically the period of classes and subjects), next year I’ll start my dissertation and I’ll start to work (I applied for some foundations and organizations in the area of Education to realize my Professional Training – that is my area of investigation). At the moment, I guess that a sabbatical year is a “luxury” because I need to create a “social net of contacts” and I hope to make some money to pay my expenses.



For some people, it is important to relax, forget their work and stressful things, and I consider that it is a good idea. I need a gap year, but I don’t have the possibility to take one. If I had the chance, I’d travel around a lot of places (maybe Europe) and I’d do stupid things such as writing poems, composing music, learning to play drums, learning German and French. I have a lot of plans to make in a gap year, but if I have the opportunity to take one it would be in five or ten years (maybe when I’m pregnant).

Well, to sum up, I hope that you have the opportunity of to take a gap year and have fun.
Greetings

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you, to take a sabbatical year you need to have money $$$
    but if I could I'd do a lot of things
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuh, I would have free time too for music or learning other languages.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of having a "free time" for kids because they demand a lot of time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you in your area of interesting (the education!)
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can have at least a sabbatical month!!!

    ReplyDelete